Sunday, February 13, 2011

SO EXCITED!

It seriously brings me so much joy to say that I have finally found a few decorating items that I love. For a little while I felt a lot of self imposed pressure to "outfit" my home. We read an awesome article in the Ensign about learning to be content with material things and focusing more on what's really important. And so it gave us courage to slow down and just think differently about decorating our home. We decided to set a budget on home stuff and not be so concerned about getting it all decorated. I was patient, and I finally found some items that really help to beautify our home, and they were all pretty good prices at Target and Ross. Yay for me! There are other things we could get right now, but we're limiting ourselves and making sure it's not our main focus. I know I'm much happier when I focus on raising my two beautiful kiddos! With all that said, these few simple items bring me joy because they add beauty, and remind me that patience and a budget really pay off.
Love these Target pillows. That's probably because I love chevron and quatrefoil patterns with a passion, flowers-especially ones that add texture, and I LOVE all these colors! The other sides of these pillows are awesome too.

Ok, so first you must understand this is at night, so nothing looks as amazing. However, I love this art. I have been searching for some big art for our big walls. I don't like art that means nothing to me, but not everything can be like our pictures of Christ and the temple we have in the front room. I was so excited to find these at Ross because they really bring in a clean, beautiful feeling into my home and remind me of nature and God's creations. Love it.
Love this vase (so natural looking) and these scrumptious flowers. I love pink. It's the "IN" color this year, ya know? But that's not why I like it. So beautiful and natural, and so cheap at Target.

This picture really has weird lighting, but this is an upclose of a napkin/placemat thing I found at Target on clearance. I love the pattern and the yellow color, and think I may frame it someday as a part of an eclectic wall above our couch. For some reason it reminds me of an older fabric, and makes we feel more domestic.

Hmmm..... Quatrefoil. Love it. And love the green. And love the gravy bowl my mom gave me. And love the white.

So, there you have it. Some of my favorite things. And guess what, I don't really have a set color scheme. I have an aqua type blue, pink, yellow, green, neutrals and brown/dark furniture, whites and a white kitchen with gray and white marble countertops. I love it. And I love the freedom that comes from knowing I don't need to stick to one or two colors. It's so me.






1 comment:

  1. First- I'm so impressed by your awesome posts. Love them!
    Second- I love your fun colors. As we start looking for a house I can ALREADY tell that it will be hard to not try and outfit the whole house at once. So, I give you props for your willpower. Its got to be hard! However... I love what you have in the house and It really doesn't feel like its barren at all. You've done great with what you have! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete